July 19, 2011

Best Friends & Dessert

There are a few things I am missing right now... Best Friends, Dessert, and Fog.

three of my best friends and i


well... i'm actually enjoying dessert a lot lately... its the making desserts that i miss. i've recently moved from San Francisco to New York for an incredible internship with an even more incredible 'bakery'. there is just one problem though... my 'apartment' is lacking one very important appliance. an oven. i can understand no dishwasher... but no OVEN?? i'd like to talk to the geniuses who built this place! it's more like living in a glorified closet. while expressing my lack of oven concern, most people tried to convince me that i wouldn't want to bake after being in a bakery 40 hrs a week. they are all wrong. im dying to bake something. i did invest in an extreme easy bake oven... which has a lot of potential. but i have none of my baking equipment! blah blah wha wha, i could go on for days. truth is, i feel unbelievably fortunate to be where i am, doing what im doing.

New York has been real good to me so far BUT i would do just about anything for some SF weather right now. the thermometer says it's 90 degrees outside in Manhattan today, but with this east coast humidity bull crap…it feels closer to about 400 degrees. like... omg!


Stay tuned for some possible adventures in extreme easy baking and some photos of omg worthy desserts im enjoying in NYC... for now here are some pictures from my last baking endeavors.


All photographs by Ashley Batz Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment